Alrighty then, update time. So while I've been reading my books, I've been going through some stuff that I'm going to have to consider over the next while, to set up a list of things I'll be talking about in future posts.
1. Hardware considerations. With all of the available screen sizes, input types and processing power available for android, it becomes more difficult to decide what should go where in an android app. This may mean separating out views and controls from the game logic to allow more hardware.
2. Network concerns. Depending on how much actual information needs to be passed around and the timing of how things would be passed, it may be necessary to host a server to store game information. This is also in interesting problem when you consider the hardware that android is available on because people with more powerful android phones shouldn't have an advantage over weaker phones.
3. Art style. I'm thinking of using a very bright and cartoony style for the graphics, but I'm open to suggestions.
4. Name. Probably goes with the art style, but can't be named "bomberman" for sure.
5. Updates. How should we design the game such that it will be able to apply updates easily and effectively?
All these coming up in detail in future posts!